E. H. Sutherland Elementary School
10015 S. Leavitt Avenue
Chicago, IL 60643
Ms. Maria Pullos Counselor
Case Manager .5
IB coordinator .5
IB coordinator .5
Ms. Rose Pickett
Click here for the 2012/13
Handbook in pdf format.
Click here for
Matrix of School Wide Expectations.
Click here if you need to download the free Adobe Acrobat Reader™ program.
LSC Minutes - 04/10/07
Sutherland Elementary Local School Council
April 10, 2007
- The meeting began at 7:10 p.m.
- Roll was taken; present members were: Bill Cahill, Catherine Gannon, Reggie O’Connor, Susan Poole, Cathy Shepherd, Donna Somerville, John Somerville, and Ron Traylor.
- Minutes from the March 20, 2007 meeting were read and approved with the exception of the time for today’s meeting.
- Principal’s Report- Ms. Gannon distributed a report.
- Safety and Security audit is scheduled for April 12th at 8:30 a.m.
- Screening interviews for teacher candidates went very well. Second interviews will continue for the next week.
- Security cameras were installed over Spring Break. The system needs another piece of equipment and will be completed soon.
- The dates for the end of the year carnival will be set for two days in June.
- A letter was received from Barbara Eason-Watkins and Arne Duncan congratulating Sutherland on three years growth on ISAT scores.
- Public Comment- Two representatives from the SCORE educational center introduced themselves and summarized the services they offer.
- Delegate Reports
- PPLC (Curriculum)-nothing to report
- PTA-The PTA slate for next year was read. The student directory will be distributed in October.
- Buildings and Grounds- Donna has scheduled the spring cleanup for April 28th..
- School Climate- The BAC program has 46 students enrolled. “Grease” will be presented at the end of May.
- New Business
- Old Business
- Fraudulent Enrollment- nothing to report
- Uniforms- A survey collecting sentiment about school uniforms will be distributed at report card pickup.
- Public Comment- A parent asked if the uniform surveys went out yet. The same parent commented that Sutherland should join public school sports leagues. The LSC replied that the leagues the teams join are open to both public and private schools.
- Executive Session
- School Administration
- Principal Evaluation
- Return from Executive Session
- The next LSC meeting is May 8, 2007 at 4:00 p.m.
- Meeting was adjourned at 9:20 p.m.
Please note: This site is best viewed in a full browser window.