E. H. Sutherland Elementary School
10015 S. Leavitt Avenue
Chicago, IL 60643
Ms. Maria Pullos Counselor
Case Manager .5
IB coordinator .5
IB coordinator .5
Ms. Rose Pickett
Click here for the 2012/13
Handbook in pdf format.
Click here for
Matrix of School Wide Expectations.
Click here if you need to download the free Adobe Acrobat Reader™ program.
LSC Minutes - 06/12/07
Sutherland Elementary Local School Council
June 12, 2007
- The meeting began at 4:05 p.m.
- Roll was taken; present members were: Michael Barnum, Bill Cahill, Rosalind Faulkner, Catherine Gannon, Reggie O’Connor, Susan Poole, Cathy Shepherd, Donna Somerville, Ron Traylor, and Charlie Zarzecki.
- Minutes from the May 8, 2007 meeting were read and approved.
- Principal’s Report- Ms. Gannon distributed a report.
- Summer bridge will begin on Monday, June 18th at Mount Greenwood School. The number of students requiring attendance is lower than last year.
- Verizon Wireless will begin work as early as July.
- Preliminary SAT results are in and look good.
- DIBELS data is in and also looks good.
- PAWS Carnival and Field Days were a success.
- Graduation took place last night.
- Public Comment- Ms. Desmond commented on how her students enjoyed the PAWS program. Ms. Elwood also commented on the success of the PAWS program and how some adjustments may be needed next year.
- Delegate Reports
- PPLC (Curriculum)-nothing to report
- PTA-The final meeting was held. “I Madonnari” will be held in the fall. There are funds remaining in the account and they will ask Ms. Gannon for suggestions on uses.
- Buildings and Grounds- Donna and Sue will look into replacing some dead bushes installed through the campus parks program.
- School Climate- Ron thanked those who helped with “Grease”. Ron may investigate interest for a school pom pom team in the fall.
- New Business
- Summer Ground Maintenance and School Marquee- Donna would like to improve the school marquee. Summer weeding may also be necessary.
- Move to Executive Session
- Return from Executive Session- a vote was taken and unanimously approved to make a minor score change on Ms. Gannon’s review.
- Public comment- none
- Next LSC meeting is July 10, 2007 at 4:00 p.m.
- The meeting was adjourned at 5:35 p.m.
Please note: This site is best viewed in a full browser window.