E. H. Sutherland Elementary School
10015 S. Leavitt Avenue
Chicago, IL 60643
Ms. Maria Pullos Counselor
Case Manager .5
IB coordinator .5
IB coordinator .5
Ms. Rose Pickett
Click here for the 2012/13
Handbook in pdf format.
Click here for
Matrix of School Wide Expectations.
Click here if you need to download the free Adobe Acrobat Reader™ program.
LSC Minutes - 3/11/08
Sutherland Elementary Local School Council
March 11, 2008
- The meeting began at 4:00 p.m.
- Roll was taken; present members were: Michael Barnum, Bill Cahill, Rosalind Faulkner, Catherine Gannon, Susan Poole, Donna Somerville, Ron Traylor, and Charlie Zarzecki.
- Minutes from the February meeting will be presented by Charlie Zarzecki at the April meeting.
- Principal’s Report- Ms. Gannon distributed a report.
- ISAT tests went smoothly.
- Four IB Banners have been hung outside the school.
- Individual meetings with teachers will occur at the end of the quarter.
- Teachers are continuing to work on curriculum alignment projects.
- The SIPAAA public meeting will be on April 1st. The SIPAAA approval will take place on April 8th prior to the LSC meeting. The LSC candidate forum will take place after the LSC meeting at 5:30.
- PTA will provide a school pizza lunch as a reward after ISAT testing.
- The IB program continues to work on Global Issues curriculum project.
- Work on the Verizon cell tower should be completed in March.
- Public Comment- Kristen Demas reported on the status of Parents Night Out. She also requested that people attend the hearing for the man charged in the Market Day robbery in 2005. The hearing is set for Friday, March 14th at 10:00.
- Delegate Reports
- PPLC (Curriculum)-nothing to report
- PTA- Father/Daughter dance, Parents Night Out and a Spring Cleanup are scheduled for April.
- Building and Grounds-nothing to report
- School Climate-The sports committee is meeting today at 5:00. The meeting is open to the public. New guidelines should be in place in May.
- New Business- None
- Old Business-None
- Executive Session- none
- Public Comment-none
- Next LSC meeting is April 8, 2008 at 4:00 p.m.
- The meeting was adjourned at 5:00 p.m.
Please note: This site is best viewed in a full browser window.