E. H. Sutherland Elementary School
10015 S. Leavitt Avenue
Chicago, IL 60643
Ms. Maria Pullos Counselor
Case Manager .5
IB coordinator .5
IB coordinator .5
Ms. Rose Pickett
Click here for the 2012/13
Handbook in pdf format.
Click here for
Matrix of School Wide Expectations.
Click here if you need to download the free Adobe Acrobat Reader™ program.
LSC Minutes - 5/13/08
Sutherland Elementary Local School Council
May 13, 2008
- The meeting began at 4:00 p.m.
- Roll was taken; present members were: Ron Traylor, Bill Cahill, Rosalind Faulkner, Michael Barnum, Bill Cunningham, Susan Poole, Donna Somerville, Charlie Zarzecki, and Catherine Gannon
- Minutes from the April meeting were read and approved.
- Principal’s Report- Ms. Gannon distributed a report.
- Individual meetings with teachers will occur at the end of the quarter-promotion criteria and summer school will be addressed.
- Teachers are continuing to work on curriculum alignment projects, differentiated instruction and leveled reading/best practices in literacy.
- The PAWS carnival dates are June 5th and June 11th.
- Several students will transfer at the end of the school year due to residency requirements.
- Work on the Verizon cell tower is almost complete.
- The mobile cart has been delivered and set-up. An additional LCD projector was ordered.
- Painting of the first floor hallways will be done over the summer.
- Public Comment - Ms. Kenzinger asked the LSC if there was anything they or she could do to prevent positions from being reduced due to enrollment. Mr. Traylor responded that we were aware of the possibility and that we would have to wait until the final enrollment numbers were established.
- Delegate Reports
- PPLC (Curriculum)-nothing to report
- PTA - Parents Night Out was a huge success.
- Building and Grounds - May 17th is the rescheduled Spring Cleanup.
- School Climate - The Wizard of Oz performance is set for May 22nd and 23rd. The Sports Committee will meet on May 27th.
- New Business-None
- Old Business-None
- Executive Session- moved to Executive Session at 4:35 to discuss SIPAA line items and open positions.
- Public Comment-none
- Next LSC meeting is June 10, 2008 at 4:00 p.m.
- The meeting was adjourned at 5:15 p.m.
Please note: This site is best viewed in a full browser window.