E. H. Sutherland Elementary School
10015 S. Leavitt Avenue
Chicago, IL 60643
Ms. Maria Pullos Counselor
Case Manager .5
IB coordinator .5
IB coordinator .5
Ms. Rose Pickett
Click here for the 2012/13
Handbook in pdf format.
Click here for
Matrix of School Wide Expectations.
Click here if you need to download the free Adobe Acrobat Reader™ program.
LSC Minutes - 1/06/09
Sutherland Local School Council
January Meeting Minutes
January 6th 2009
1. Meeting convenes at 4:10p
- Role was taken and all members are present. Mike Barnum, Cathy Bennett, Bill Cahill, Melissa Ciezki, Catherine Gannon, Cheryl Kite, Julia Moran, Meg OSullivan, Ron Traylor, Donna Somerville, Charlie Zarzecki .
- Minutes for November and December meetings were read and approved.
2. Principal’s Report
- Ms. Gannon responded to email with incorrect information.
- Questions concerning after- school ISAT prep for students who don’t qualify for the After-School Counts program. Ms. Gannon will solicit suggestions from teaching staff.
3. Public Comment
- Petition from third grade parents offered to LSC concerning third grade classroom environment.
- Concerns stated about the moral between LSC and parents. Suggestions solicited on how to create a better relationship.
- Concern stated about growth of grade levels prior to 3rd grade.
- Ms. Malone (School Counselor) indicated that she has been receiving parent calls concerning track E.
- Apology was offered for circulation of email with false information although parent is still not satisfied with student count in third grade classrooms.
- Ms. Ryan stated that several students from Sutherland MYP program had entered the IB Diploma program.
- Presently no concerns from staff.
- Meeting will convene following LSC meeting.
6. Building and Grounds
- Engineer would like new snow removal equipment.
7. School Climate
- Sports programs will continue.
- Spring production is coming up soon.
8. New Business
- Kudos to December Carnival.
- PAWS program – Different rewards for upper grade students suggested.
- LSC member expressed concern on how bullying was handled.
- SIPAAA review and budget approval is on the horizon, Ms. Gannon would like to see additional funds used for professional development and supplies.
9. Old Business
- Concerns expressed about enrollment and enrichment programs.
10. Executive Session – Council left at 5:07p
11. Executive Session – Council returned at 5:25p
- SIPAA was approved.
12. Public Comment
- Concern expressed about activities for upper grade students.
13. Next Meeting - Scheduled for February 3rd 2009
14. Adjournment - 5:35p
Please note: This site is best viewed in a full browser window.