E. H. Sutherland Elementary School
10015 S. Leavitt Avenue
Chicago, IL 60643
Ms. Maria Pullos Counselor
Case Manager .5
IB coordinator .5
IB coordinator .5
Ms. Rose Pickett
Click here for the 2012/13
Handbook in pdf format.
Click here for
Matrix of School Wide Expectations.
Click here if you need to download the free Adobe Acrobat Reader™ program.
LSC Minutes - 3/02/10
Sutherland Local School Council
March 2nd, 2010
- Meeting began at 4:06 p. m.
- Role was taken. Members present were: Mike Barnum, Kathy Bennett ,Bill Cahill, Catherine Gannon, Cheryl Kite, Julie Moran , Ron Traylor, Donna Somerville, Charlie Zarzecki .
Absent: Melissa Boyd, Meg O’ Sullivan
- Minutes of February 5th 2010 were read and approved unanimously.
- Principal’s Report
- Individual meetings to discuss student data results from winter benchmarks occurred last month.
- Resignation of LSC member Meg O’Sullivan announced. LSC election candidate forms due March 11th, 2010.
- SIPAAA annual report was read.
- IB Update: MYP teachers prepare for next years evaluation visit.
- Tech update: Study Island and RAZ Kids usage continue to go up and those students are improving significantly.
- ISAT testing began March 2nd and will continue through March 12th.
- Cultural Enrichment – Puppet show scheduled for 1st thru third grade and Irish music and dance performance.
- Scheduled March performances will be: The Midway Ramblers Cajun Band, a puppet show for Kdg to third grade, and an Irish music and dance performance.
- Professional Development – After school data meetings for ISAT Writing will be scheduled and in-house workshops will occur on PD day,
- Cell Tower – LSC members received copies of cell phone expenditures in their March folders and the next update is scheduled for May.
- Progress Reports go home on March 10th, 2010. The Parent Portal proves to be an asset and most individuals are using it.
- Residency – Far fewer cases than previous years.
- Enrollment – Below 750 and will continue to be monitored. Projected enrollment numbers have been released and appeals have been made for general and special education numbers.
- Information concerning educational cuts was offered and individuals were encouraged to contact their representatives and let their voices be heard.
- Delegate Reports
- PPLC – No Report
- PTA – Meeting follows LSC meeting
- Buildings and Grounds – Clean and green date tentative.
- School Climate – Sports Committee meeting will take place later that evening.
- New Business
- Old Business covered in Principal’s Report.
- Executive Session
- Public Comment
- Parent inquired about SIPAAA input meetings.
- Next LSC meeting scheduled for April 6th, 2010.
- Meeting adjourned at 4:37.
Please note: This site is best viewed in a full browser window.