E. H. Sutherland Elementary School
10015 S. Leavitt Avenue
Chicago, IL 60643
Ms. Maria Pullos Counselor
Case Manager .5
IB coordinator .5
IB coordinator .5
Ms. Rose Pickett
Click here for the 2012/13
Handbook in pdf format.
Click here for
Matrix of School Wide Expectations.
Click here if you need to download the free Adobe Acrobat Reader™ program.
PTA Minutes 12/04/07
December 4, 2007 Meeting Minutes
Meeting called to order at 7:00 p.m. Motion to approve Minutes from November meeting moved, seconded, and approved.
Student Speaker on “Doctors Without Borders”
Justin Carrizales, Chris and Charlotte Carroll, from Mrs. Civik’s 6th Grade MYB class shared their experiences at the mock refugee camp set up on the lakefront by the Doctors Without Borders organization.
Profit from the Innisbrook fundraiser is $7,466.89.00. November classroom enhancement disbursements totaled almost $2,000.00. Motion to approve Treasurer’s Report moved, seconded, and approved.
- Principal’s Report:
- Kindergarten registration is December 21st. Please inform parents of preschoolers residing in the district.
- Learning First tests are next week.
- Progress reports will be out next week.
- Support the Troops drive is ongoing.
- Rosetta Stone subscriptions are due 12/21.
- The Pennies For Peace drive raised $782.00
- There will be choir, strings and band performances on 12/14 at Ford City.
- Several teachers sent thank you notes to the PTA for classroom enhancements funded by the PTA.
- Officers will meet with teachers on December 7th to explain how teachers may request classroom enhancements, funded through the PTA.
School Directory: Will be available soon. Committee may seek advertisements to defray the printing expenses.
Book Fair: Impressive book and cash profits approximate $1800.
Holiday Shop: The holiday shop is being held this week; sales are brisk.
Parents’ Night Out: Save the date for April 25th at the Beverly Art Center.
Newsletter: Volunteers are needed to distribute the newsletter on most Thursdays at 9 a.m.
- The PTA will sponsor an East Beverly Civic Association banner to be displayed in the neighborhood.
- A PTA member requested that parents speak to any Sutherland students they may notice loitering near the school or on private property.
Motion to adjourn meeting at 8:10 p.m.
Please note: This site is best viewed in a full browser window.